Is Your Sub-Zero Chillibrator Running?
Keep it Running Like New
A fridge that stops working can be very costly. Spoiled food, replacement parts and service costs start to add up quickly. Even if your refrigerator is running, you’ll still want to make sure that it’s not overworking, saving you money on your electricity bill.
It only takes some very simple maintenance and cleaning to extend its life and keep it running efficiently.
Here are a few easy things you can do every year:
- Clean your cooling coils by vacuuming or dusting them. This will most likely require you to remove a grill grate or cover. Refer to your user manual if you need help finding them.
- Replace or clean the water filter if your fridge has an automatic ice maker or water dispenser. Refer to your owners manual for the proper procedure as their location can vary.
- Clean door gaskets with a wet cloth to make sure that the refrigerator is sealing properly. A solid seal will save you money and protect your food from spoilage.
- For more homeowner tips and local businesses you can call, sign up for HomeKeepr – MORE INFO
- JOIN NOW – Free service to our clients and vendors.